Before we embark on examining our psyche, our view of life and ourselves is clouded by the past. This inner distortion actually blocks the natural process of change that we all undergo by virtue of being born. Mental illness can be seen as a reaction to these inner blocks and the world of denial that many of us live in.
Developing a connection to spiritual energy through meditation and other practices can help us clean the windscreen of our minds, so we can see more clearly. Examining our inner duality will lead to a sense of humility and increase our compassion for ourselves and others.
In this week’s podcast I talk about the alchemy of change and how understanding our inner duality helps us turn lead into gold.
If you are listening in iTunes, please leave a rating to help spread the word.
Subscribe via www.samwelsby.com
Donate to the podcast: www.paypal.me/SamWelsby
Visit www.samwelsby.com/resources for direct links to all resources listed below and more.
1. The Road Less Travelled – M.Scott Peck (Psychological Growth)
17. The Wheels of Life – Anodea Judith (Chakras/Healing)
18. Eastern Body Western Mind – Anodea Judith (Chakras)
21. Change Your Thinking – Sarah Edelman (CBT)
42. The Tao – Lao Tsu (Ancient Taoist Text)
55. Ego State Therapy – Gordon Emmerson (Psychology/Hypnosis)
5. The Taoist Way: Alan Watts
102. Your Brain Hallucinates Your Conscious Reality: Anil Seth (TED Talk)
104. The Archetype of the Devouring Mother: Theryn Meyer & Jordan Peterson
113. Four Types of Narcissism – Dr Ramani Durvasula