Our feelings can be so overwhelming at times that we either don’t want to look into them, or we simply believe our emotional states to be true. But like so many aspects of life they are in the eye of the beholder. In this week’s podcast I talk about how our beliefs affect our emotional state and why it’s important to understand why we feel they way we feel.
Within society our emotions are played upon by those engaged in social engineering and in a psychological sense, the silky voice of the inner saboteur often convinces us to take the path towards pleasure instead of growth. I discuss how we can navigate these inner and outer forces and become emotionally intelligent.
Visit the Resources page of my website for direct links to the videos below.
If you are listening in iTunes, please leave a rating to help spread the word.
Subscribe via www.samwelsby.com
1. The Road Less Travelled – M.Scott Peck (Psychological Growth)
10. The Power of Now – Eckart Tolle (Consciousness/Buddhism)
11. A New Earth – Eckart Tolle (Consciousness/Mind)
31. On Death and Dying – Elizabeth Kübler-Ross (Grief and Dying)
55. Ego State Therapy – Gordon Emmerson (Psychology/Hypnosis)
1. “Four Horseman” is free from mainstream media propaganda — the film doesn’t bash bankers, criticise politicians or get involved in conspiracy theories. It ignites the debate about how to usher a new economic paradigm into the world which would dramatically improve the quality of life for billions
63. The Trap – Adam Curtis
89. Becoming a Trans Man: Leo (BBC 3)