In this week’s podcast I talk about the impediments to moving through the eye of the needle in order to reach the “kingdom of heaven”. In the biblical passage it’s said to be riches that block our entry, but anything that we are attached to, including dogmatic belief systems, will slow down our spiritual progress. I speak about our attachment to information and the irony that the more information we have access to the less enlightened we become.
I take a deeper look at alarmist Climate Change doctrines, New Age teachings and spiritual sales people who present themselves as saviours, as a way to understand why we are so easily persuaded by models of the world that prophesise doom or salvation. Why do we allow ourselves to be deceived? Why do we refuse to doubt ourselves, or others who have previously led us down the garden path?
Doubt allows us to think more freely, it opens the door to the other side of the story. It stops us from being foolhardy and keeps us awake.
If you are listening in iTunes, please leave a rating to help spread the word.
Subscribe via www.samwelsby.com
For personal mentoring sessions visit www.samwelsby.com/contact
For books and meditations visit www.samwelsby.com/shop
Visit the resources page for more direct links to the information below www.samwelsby.com/resources
27. The Science Delusion – Rupert Sheldrake (Scientific Dogma)
70. Orthodoxy – G.K Chesterton (Philosophy/Religion)
72. Lukewarming – Paul J Michaels & Paul C Knappenberger (Climate Science)
2. The War You Don’t See is a powerful and timely investigation into the media’s role in war. As weapons and propaganda become even more sophisticated, the nature of war is developing into an ‘electronic battlefield’ in which journalists play a key role, and civilians are the victims.
22. Hypernormalisation is Adam Curtis’ latest documentary film for the BBC released on Oct. 16, 2016. In the film Curtis argues that since the 1970s, governments, financiers, and technological utopians have given up on the complex “real world” and instead built a simple “fake world” that is run by corporations and kept stable by politicians.
44. Dr Don EasterBrook on Global Warming
45. Wikileaks on Climategate
46. Data or Dogma? (Climate Change Scientist Dr Judith Curry)
47. What is the Average Global Temperature? – Corbett Report
79. Alex Epstein & Dave Rubin Talk About Climate Change
100. Climategate ‘hide the decline’ Explained by Berkeley Professor Richard A. Muller
139. Global Priorities Bigger Than Climate Change – Bjorn Lomborg (TED Talk)
143. Nobel Laureate in Physics; “Global Warming is Pseudoscience”
144. Climate Doomsday – Dr Steven J Allen
Visit the resources page for more direct links to the information above www.samwelsby.com/resources