In this week’s podcast I talk about the importance of investigating and upgrading spiritual teachings, our obsession with logical and rational thought, why we are so afraid to look at the darker side of ourselves and how we have come to accept that our salvation will come through merging with machines.
Progress is measured by our technological achievements and yet we still live in a world where many are starving or homeless. Before we launch ourselves into the future by merging with machines, we need to understand why we are so afraid of confronting the darkness within ourselves and society otherwise our evolution will only be skin deep. Viewing the full spectrum of life gives us the power to make the radical changes necessary to turn this world around.
Visit the Resources page of my website for direct links to the videos below.
If you are listening in iTunes, please leave a rating to help spread the word.
Subscribe via www.samwelsby.com
22. Hypernormalisation is Adam Curtis’ latest documentary film for the BBC released on Oct. 16, 2016. In the film Curtis argues that since the 1970s, governments, financiers, and technological utopians have given up on the complex “real world” and instead built a simple “fake world” that is run by corporations and kept stable by politicians.
10. Krishnamurti: Evolution of Society
16. The Brain with David Eagleman – What is Reality?
20. Elon Musk: AI is Our Biggest Existential Threat
30. The Machine, The Ghost and The Limits of Understanding – N.Chomsky
84. Science Vs God – Is There A Life Force That Transcends Matter? (Sheldrake/Brand)