In this week’s podcast I talk about traditions, values and institutions that have been brought into disrepute in our western culture. I discuss the modern idea of marriage and how it differs from the traditional ideal, which leads on to a discussion of spiritual values, which have largely been lost in favour of a more materialistic focus.
Many religious traditions are beneficial because they teach us about the human condition through archetypal stories, yet we often fail to see their importance and disregard them as irrelevant. The archetype of “The Father” is of spiritual significance as it helps us connect to a higher state of consciousness, while providing a sense of security. Today, we seek safety and structure through group identities or political parties, yet they fail to satisfy our need for a transcendent meaning and connection to the divine.
If you are listening in iTunes, please leave a rating to help spread the word.
Subscribe via www.samwelsby.com
For personal mentoring sessions visit www.samwelsby.com/contact
For books and meditations visit www.samwelsby.com/shop
Visit the resources page for direct links to the additional resources www.samwelsby.com/resources
4. Man and His Symbols – Carl Jung (Jungian Psychology)
6. Anatomy of the Spirit – Caroline Myss (Chakras/Energy Medicine)Sacred
16. The Path of Energy – Dr Synthia Andrews (Energy Healing)
17. The Wheels of Life – Anodea Judith (Chakras/Healing)
73. Freshwater – Akwaeke Emezi (Autobiography)
74. Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor E. Frankl (History & Psychology)